Boys’ Golf season comes to an end

Aiden+Krup+and+David+Bertolasi+walk+up+the+fairway+of+hole+2+at+Timber+Pointe+Golf+Club.+

VIP Images

Aiden Krup and David Bertolasi walk up the fairway of hole 2 at Timber Pointe Golf Club.

Brynn Kirkland, Staff Writer

With multiple wins and a sectional qualifier for the first time in four years, the boys’ golf team closes out one of its best seasons yet on a bittersweet note as it says goodbye to three seniors.

The team improved greatly this fall and has set the bar high for oncoming years. The Bucs had their lowest team average (188) in over 10 years and won four matches, compared to two from 2020.

“Overall I think that we had the best year out of all four years I’ve been here,” said senior Aiden Krup. “We’ve made massive improvements as a team, (and) even though our record didn’t show it, we were very competitive compared to other years.”

Krup has been on the varsity all four years, and he has been a top contributor to the team scores for all of his career. 

The two remaining seniors were Jack Larson and Parker Morris. Larson has improved by over 30 strokes on a nine-hole average over the course of his high school career.

“My greatest accomplishment was placing in the top 20 at the NIC-10 conference tournament this year,” Larson said.

According to Larson, Parker Morris, while only being on the team for three years, has been able to spread his ever-positive attitude and light-hearted humor to help refine the culture, and lead the team to a successful season this year.

“The seniors showed how hard work, dedication, and commitment can lead to tremendous growth, both in golf and life,” said BHS coach Jeremy Edwards. “I hope the underclassmen were paying attention because those three really personified the growth mindset.”

Edwards, while grateful for the departing seniors, will still have talent in his hands going into future years in sophomore David Bertolasi, who qualified for the sectional tournament, being the first BHS boys golfer to do so in four years.

“I thought it was pretty cool,” he said. “It was an overall good experience for me to be ready for future seasons.”

Bertolasi finished with an 88 in the Dekalb Sectional, which took place at Kishwaukee Country Club.

As an end of the season celebration, the team went to Volcano Falls Adventure Park in Rockford for one final team bonding trip with the seniors. 

The returning varsity golfers for the 2022 season will be David Bertolasi, Michael White, Matt Borah, and Jordan King.