Baseball makes a return

Jack Larson, Staff Writer

Starting off their season with a record of 1-2, the Boys Baseball team had their first game on Friday, April 16 vs Harvard at the BHS Baseball Field.

The team is nothing but ecstatic to be having a season in the first place, as last year Spring sports were cut off before any actual competitions.

“I’m really just glad we actually get to play this year,” said Senior Conner Paulson. “I think we’ll be a top team in the conference as we have lots of good pitchers, and bats.”

Like Paulson said, the pitching is definitely a bright spot in the squad this year, as vs Harvard in their first game, they only gave up one earned run, and Sophomore Carter Guerra took home the win. However, it would be a lie if one were to say the bats didn’t come to the aid of the team, as the Bucs had drove in 11 that day.

While the team has some raw talent going for them, they also have experience, as the varsity crew has up to seven seniors on their active roster. That being said, the leadership will certainly help the team, as they have the ambitious goal of taking the conference title.

“We’re looking to make a run at conference,” said Senior Dylan Schohn. “If we can all be on our best game, we have a good chance at taking the title.”