Girls Volleyball Season Comes To An End

Tikaya Jones, Staff Writer

The Volleyball team had their last game of the season on April 24 against Harlem, where they lost 17-25, 25-20, 23-25.

Senior Paige Kitsemble said, “The season ended on Saturday. The team was very emotional since it was the last game of the season. Although we lost the last two games, we played together as a team.”

The Varsity girls had senior night honoring Meadow Cox, Paige Kitsemble, and Haley Harbison.

The Girls Volleyball team played their senior night game on April 22 against Hononegah High school where they lost to the Indians 25-23 and 21-25.

Coach Storm Jackson said, “Senior night was one for the books. The girls all played together and made sure every point counted. I don’t think this team has ever gone out and played as hard as they did last night. For our seniors and for our school and team. Everyone had a vital role. They all stepped up when they needed to and did their job!”

Sophomore Jazmine Montalbano said, “This season was definitely a great one. It took a little bit to adjust to the covid restriction but we got through it! I’m so grateful that we got a season and was able to play with my friends.”

Varsity Girls didn’t have a game on April 20 due to Freeport Varsity girls having possible COVID exposure.

The Girls Volleyball team had a game on April 17 against Guilford high school losing to the Vikings in 2 sets.