Seniors Limited to Two Guests at Graduation

Conner Paulson, Staff Writer

With the end of the 2021 school year approaching, Principal Mr. Billy Lewis released an email with all the information parents and students need for graduation on May 22.

All seniors must have the required amount of courses and credits to participate in the Graduation Ceremony.

In Mr. Lewis’ letter to parents and senior students says, “On Wednesday, May 19, all seniors must report to the main entrance between 11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. to complete the checkout procedures. The checkout procedures consist of returning all textbooks to teachers, completing the Senior Survey, returning your Chromebook, and all library books back to the library. On the same day as the senior checkout the “Senior Luncheon” will be taking place at 12:00 p.m. Seniors park in the student parking lot and head over to the stadium for the Senior lunch.”

“I would like to compliment the Class of 2021 for their leadership and positive conduct throughout the year.” said Principal Mr.Lewis.

“Weather permitting, the graduation ceremony will be outside in Funderburg Stadium. Each graduate will be allowed two guests. If the weather is bad the ceremony will be in the PAC on May 22, and students will be allowed only one guest. No tickets will be distributed before the ceremony, the guests must walk in with the graduate.” Said Mr. Lewis in his letter.

Senior Jaclyn McDonald said, “I’m so sad that my younger brother wont be able to come watch me graduate. He has to stay at home and watch it on a phone.”