BHS brings back Homecoming week activities

Dylan Schohn, Online Editor

BHS is having a Homecoming week during April19-24 filled with many different activities, but no dance.

Student Council Adviser Mrs. Donna Schelonka said, “I was surprised we were allowed to do it, so it’s slowly coming together.”

There will be no parade or dance for Homecoming, due to Covid-19 restrictions.

BHS is allowing for a Pep Rally, Powderpuff game, dress up days, locker bay decorations, Homecoming Court, and the crowning of Homecoming king and queen.

The Powderpuff game has been set for April 22. Girls who are playing are to wear grey or black, depending on what team they are on. Any girls that are interested in playing, email Mrs.Schelonka for information.

Senior Gavin Gleason said, “It’s nice that they are letting us have some things with Homecoming, but I really wish we were having a dance.”

Monday’s dress up day is Colors Day, seniors in yellow, juniors in blue, sophomores in green, and freshmen in yellow. Tuesday for seniors is Toga Tuesday. For freshmen, sophomores, and juniors it will be Decades Day and anyone can dress up as their favorite decade. Thursday is Generations Day, seniors dress as senior citizens, juniors as adults, sophomores as little kids, and freshmen as babies. Fridays dress up day will be Buc Pride.

Senior Paige Kitsemble said, “It makes no sense to me that we can host a pep rally but we can’t host a dance.”