Girls volleyball takes a tough loss

Jesse Moyer, Staff Writter

The girls played against Guilford High School on March 25, with Varsity losing, 25-20 and 25-14, but the freshmen team won, 25-14 and 25-23. 

Junior Athena  Kindgren said,¨Even though we lost, I think as a team we are really making improvements and playing more as a unit instead of playing as individuals. We are a very young and new team but I’m very proud of how far we have come from the beginning of the season and I’m so excited to see what we can do.¨

Freshmen Rachel Henry said, “I think we worked really hard in practice to play our games and I’m really proud of all the girls that played, not even just the freshmen team but I think all the girls put up a good fight.¨

The freshmen team won the first game, 25-14, and the second game, 25-23. 

JV lost both games with scores of 18-25 and 23-25, sophomore Kellie Onley with six blocks, and Junior Bella Shay with three kills to make it a close game.

Sophomore Mykaela Weber said, ¨Our biggest goal going into the game was to bring the energy and intensity and in the end, we did what we wanted to do and played as a team¨

The girls played Hononegah on March, 24 and lost, the scores are, freshmen 25-18, JV with scores 25-6 and 25-15, Varsity with scores of 10-9 and 25-25.

Head Volleyball Coach Storm Jackson said,” I think we came out on our heels and scared. We have to overcome that as a team. It’s not going to happen overnight. When we did fix one thing on the court, we could see improvement.¨

The girl’s Varsity Volleyball team also played against Marian Central Catholic on March 20, and won the first game 25-23, but lost the match in games two, 25-16 , and three, 25-15. Junior  Kingren and senior Haley Harbison each had five kills and sophomore Maci McCoy and freshmen Delaney Molloy both had four, with freshmen Grace Koets adding 10 assists.

The girls travel to Boylan on March 27 with the game starting  at 12:00pm.