Girls Basketball Improves Their Game

Autumn Przybyla, Print Editor-in-Chief

The Lady Bucs Basketball team went 0-3 for the week, as their most recent game was against Jefferson on Feb. 25, where they came up a little bit short, 50-39

Senior Paige Kitsemble added 13 points, while junior Stephanie Anacleto and freshman Reese Schoon both contributed 10.

“The scoreboard is yet to show that we are making progress daily. We have dropped our points allowed defensively the last 6 games in a row and we have lowered our turnovers which have given us the opportunity to take more shots,” said Head Coach Mr. Mike Bradford, “If we just keep moving in the direction we are going and trust the process, good things will happen for us. Truly, we opened the season with several of the top teams in the conference so it gave us a good idea of what we need to work on. I am very optimistic that we will change the scoreboard outcome very soon. Go Bucs!”

The team also played at Auburn on Feb. 23 and lost, 47-18. Junior Brynn Kirkland contributed eight points.

Kirkland said, “Despite our record for the season so far, I feel that we’ve been improving a lot and we are learning to work more as a team. We all work really hard and we are continuing to push each other and push ourselves, and sooner or later it’s going to start paying off.”

The Lady Bucs almost grasped a win against East on Feb. 20, losing 40-29. Junior Stephanie Anacleto led the girls with ten points and sophomore Kellie Onley followed with seven.

Onley said, “Dreams don’t work unless you do. We came in the gym, had a week of practice, and then games started. Everyone has given it their all and has kept their head up for the next game. The team has put so much work in and we all are excited to have a season.”

The team will have their next game on Feb. 27 at North, with Varsity starting at 11:30 and JV starting at 10:00.