Bowling Team Comes Out With A Win

Tikaya Jones, Staff Writer

The boys and girls Bowling teams both won against Jefferson on Feb. 23, with the boys ending with 3678-3359 and the girls ending 2001-1857.

Varsity’s high scorer goes to Parker Morris who scored a 253, and the high series goes to Nathan LaScola scoring 686. JV’s high score goes to Kyle Lund who scored a 268 and the high series goes to Chad Morgan scoring 620.  JV2 High score and high series go to Cru Lungstrum with a score of 167-440. The Girls Team-high series goes to Karah Hook with a 569, followed by Riley Freeman with a series of 533.

Karah Hook said, “To prepare for our next match I am going to focus on practicing my spares”.

The bowling team had another match against Auburn on Feb. 25th, and the Boys varsity fell short. Boys JV overall scoring 3223 – 1542 and Varsity 3543 – 3579. Sophomore Parker Morris had the highest game of 247 and Sophmore Johnny Carter led with high series of 642 for varsity. For JV Sophmore Branndon Fowler scored a high score and high series of 256-613 also Sophmore Cru Lungstrum had a high score and high series of 155-412.

Johnny Carter said, “The season is going pretty good, more to come Hopefully”.

The Lady Bucs lost to Auburn, 3022-1844. Karah Hook had a series of 486 and Riley Freeman had a series of 467.

The bowling team also had a match on Feb. 19th against North, they fell short.

Head Coach Mr. Blaise Humphrey said, “We had our best scores tonight as a team. Making big strides this year, and it’s awesome to see”.

Varsity’s high score and high series go to Johnny Carter scoring a 265-740, JV’s high score and high series go to Wyatt Anderson scoring a 256-616. The Girls’ team-high series go to Riley Freeman who had a 500 series with games of 170-160-170 and Karah Hook who had a 482 series with games of 149-159-174.

Head Coach Mr. Marc Felix said, “We took the loss last Friday against Belvidere North. I’d like to give credit where credit is due and North shot really well. They were 35 pins shy from shooting a 3800 series which is amazing. In my opinion, based on what my expectations are for our team, I think we’re still underperforming”.

The bowling team has a hard week next week, with the matchups of Hononegah on Feb. 2 and Harlem on Feb. 5.