As COVID numbers lower, students return to class

Conner Paulson, Staff Writer

As the COVID-19 numbers are lowering, and the vaccines are rolling out, BHS students and parents feel the schools are much safer to attend.

“A total of 135 students have returned back to the in-person hybrid schedule as of Feb. 8,” said BHS Principal Mr. Billy Lewis.

Many students chose to come back in-person for various reasons.

“Coming back has made school a lot easier for me, and I also missed seeing some of my friends, and teachers, so it was nice seeing them again,” said sophomore Maci McCoy.

As the students return, it is important that teachers, students, and staff keep wearing masks, following social distancing, sanitizing classrooms, and following COVID-19 guidelines.

Sophomore Taylor Paulson said, “I’m very excited to return to some kind of normalcy, I am very thankful to all the BHS staff that we could have this opportunity to do so.”

According to the BHS Back to School Plan, another group of students will be able to return on Feb. 22, after signing up on Feb. 12. The next sign-up deadline for hybrid learning will be March 2 that will allow students to return on March 8.

Students originally returned to school for the hybrid model on Jan. 21 for Purple group A-K and Jan. 22 for Gold group L-Z. About 250 students started in January on each day.