BHS plans new online school schedule

Dylan Schohn, Co-Editor

BHS has planned a new online class schedule to make time for a Bucs WIN  starting on Jan. 18.

The plan for third quarter would be to push first block up to 8:30 a.m. while making every class five minutes longer. Fourth  block will be used as a class period or WIN depending on the need of a student.

Senior Paige Kitsemble said, “I do not like that the schedule is being changed because we have had so any schedules though out high school and this has been such a hard year that it makes no sense to change things up on us.”

Junior Aaron Wolman said, “I do think the schedule will help kids, but I don’t think students will use them as well as they would have when we were still in school.”

The plan for fourth quarter is again to push up first block up to 8:30 a.m. and make second and third block be all in a row. With this plan lunch would start at 12:50 and go until 1:50. Then for the fourth block the plan would be to use  it as either a WIN or it would be a free period depending on a student’s needs.

Senior Gavin Gleason said, “I don’t like the plan for fourth quarter because I feel it will be hard to focus from 8:30 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. without any real breaks.”

There have been talks of returning to in-person classes, but there has been no guarantee due to Covid-19 and it’s uncertain numbers. The Board of Education is meeting on Monday, Dec. 21 to determine a plan for next semester.