Boys Bowling head towards Regionals

Ethan Andres, Editor

Boys Bowling closed out the regular season on Jan. 13 at Don Carter Lanes with a win over Guilford, 3,730 to 3,636.

Seniors Greg Suthers, who shot a 279, and Nathan Tepp, who shot a 267, lead the way for the Bucs. They also bowled against on Jan. 10 against Harlem, coming short 3,977 to 3,503. Tepp lead the way, shooting a 267.

Their regular season is over, and they bowl at Don Carter Lanes for Regionals tomorrow, Jan. 18.

“The team is the best it’s been in four years, and I feel like this is the year we’d go to state as a team. I have high expectations,” said Tepp.

Girls Bowling lost to Freeport last night. However, they beat Rochelle 2585 to 2031 on Dec. 14. Milani Olson led the team with a 586 series. They narrowly lost to Guilford 3039-2971 Jan. 13. They bowl at the Viking Girl’s Holiday Invite on Jan. 25.

Wrestling defeated both Marengo 70-10 and Johnsburg 58-24 last night. They placed seventh out of 18 teams at the Sycamore Invite on Jan. 11. Senior Presley Beasley earned Athlete of the Week at BHS for his performances. The team’s next match is against Harvard at Belvidere North High School on Jan. 21.

Boys Co-op Swimming and Diving met at Guilford against Guilford and Hononegah on Dec. 16, beating Guilford but losing to Hononegah. Their scheduled meet at Auburn last weekend was canceled due to unsafe road conditions. They meet again at Jefferson tomorrow.

Dance participates in the NIC-10 conference meet tonight at Freeport. They compete at approximately 6:00 p.m.

“Our goal is to place top-five in Conference as a team,” said junior Kylie Botts.

Boys Basketball traveled to Auburn on Dec. 15 and lost 59-34. Senior Zarius Dent led the way scoring 13, with senior Shamarion Collymore adding 12. They also lost to Hononegah on Dec. 10. Their next game is tonight against Genoa-Kingston at home, starting at 7:15 p.m.

Girls Basketball has had a busy week, playing four games. Last night, Dec. 16, they traveled to Boylan but dropped a tough loss. They hosted Freeport on Dec. 14 and lost, and senior Maya Smith scored 23 points. They also dropped road losses to Marengo on Dec. 13 and Hononegah on Dec. 10. Smith and sophomore Stephanie Anacleto led the way for the Bucs. Their next game is home against crosstown rival Belvidere North on Jan. 22.