BHS attends Dorian Vocal Festival

Back to Article
Back to Article

BHS attends Dorian Vocal Festival

Aurora Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Choir students selected by choir teacher, Mr. Mark Miller, will be attending a two-day choir festival at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, on Jan. 12 and 13.

The Dorian Vocal Festival is a place for a massive choir of over 1,000 high school students from across the Midwest to perform together.

The students chosen are seniors Jasmine Boswell, Jenna Christ, Addison Gunn, Daniela Nungaray and juniors Matthew Colson, Eduardo Trujillo, and Jacob Costa.

During their first night, they will be hearing performances by Luther College’s choirs and a guest high school choir. The festival will conclude on Jan. 13 with the grand choir performing. Not only will the students be having rehearsals for the festival and performing, they also have the chance to participate in mini private lessons with the Luther College faculty.

“I’m looking forward to the new experience,” senior Daniela Nungaray said. “We get to meet with choir directors which is great for all of us to get that opportunity. It really means so much to me that I was picked. I feel very honored to go.”

This year, it will be the 70th annual festival that Luther College has hosted. This year’s show will now include a dance.

“Being able to go to Dorian is such an honor, let alone with this group of people. This music festival is a highly elite festival that I’ve been looking forward to since my freshman year, so I’m beyond ecstatic to be going this year,” senior Jasmine Boswell said.