BHS raises money for St. Baldricks

Back to Article
Back to Article

BHS raises money for St. Baldricks

Autumn Przybyla, Staff Writer

Mr. Sam Peters’ Marketing class started a fundraiser for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, with a goal of $500. The class raised $545, resulting in seven teachers shaving their heads in honor of the cause on Sept. 26.

Mr. Peters said, “As a whole, we are really excited to hopefully meet our goal of $500 and get to see all of the teachers we have get their heads shaved. BHS has never had an event like this to the best of my knowledge, so we are excited to be able to give the lunch periods a little show and support a good cause at the same time.”

On the first day of fundraising, Mr. Peters’ students had already collected $177, which was almost two fifths of their goal.

Mr. Jeremy Edwards said, “I can’t wait to shave my head again.  Having hair has been so annoying.  I actually had “hat hair” for the first time in 10 years!  My showers are taking one to two minutes longer because I have been using shampoo again.  But I’m more than happy to help out with the St. Baldrick’s fundraiser. I’ll gladly “suffer” to help raise money for a good cause.”

Mr. Peters, Mr. Darin Wecker, Mr. Brian Koehne, Mr. Edwards, Mr. Tyler Erwin, Police Officer Mr. Jon Kaplan, and Mr. Phil Baker all shaved their heads in honor of reaching their goal of $500.

Mr. Erwin said, “It was really exciting to hear that BHS family came together to raise so much money for such a great charity.”