Football Falls to East, Boylan

Ethan Andres, Editor

The Bucs took a loss to East 58-14 at Guilford High School in their second game of the season on Sept. 6.

To open the game, senior Isaiah Rhodes returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, to put the Bucs ahead 7-0 for the Bucs.

Offensively, junior running back Jonathan Urbieta led the way for the Bucs. He had 33 carries for 144 yards and a touchdown.

“I think we should keep the same gameplan of running the ball because it works,” said Urbieta.

Last Friday, Sept. 13, they lost to Boylan 49-7. Their next game is home against Belvidere North this Friday.

Last week, the girls volleyball team played three games. Monday, they hosted North Boone and won in two sets with scores of 25-13 and 25-14. Senior Grace Haug and Junior Meadow Cox both had four kills. Tuesday, they traveled to Boylan and defeated them in two sets 25-23 and 25-20 to extend their win streak to three. Last night, they went to Belvidere North to take on their crosstown rivals, and the Lady Bucs could not escape with a win. They played at the Byron Varsity Power Classic this weekend and went 2-3.

“This team has really bonded together already, and I hope we use it to win the majority of the season,” said senior setter Payton Bruneau.

Boys Soccer stayed busy last week with a pair of games. They hosted East on Tuesday and lost 5-1, and played Crystal Lake Central on the road Thursday and lost.

Last weekend, both Boys and Girls Cross Country raced at Oregon. Senior Nick Fiore led the way for the boys, placing 22nd out of 138 runners. For the girls, junior Journie Manzella led the way, coming in 41st place out of 136. On Tuesday, they had the NIC 10 preseason meet at Auburn High School, placing 10th. Last weekend, they raced at Peoria for First to the Finish the Finish CC Invite.

Boys Golf went against Hononegah Monday. It was a rainy evening at, and Hononegah won the match. They hosted Auburn Wednesday and came up short.

In co-op sports, the Girls Swimming team met against Harlem on Thursday and placed first as a team. They met at Boylan last Saturday, where junior Emerson Gaines led the way for BHS’s side of the co-op squad.