BHS welcomes new wave of faculty

Back to Article
Back to Article

BHS welcomes new wave of faculty

Ethan Andres, Editor

A new Athletic Director, Mr. Josh Sternquist, and set of teachers have come to BHS for the 2019-2020 school year.

Sternquist, a BHS alumnus from the class of 1999, has taken over as the new Athletic Director. He has plans to reward students for good deeds with a treasure chest that is filled with stuff donated by the community.

BHS has a pair of newcomers in the math department. Mr. Matt Zabel and Ms. Aimee Palys have replaced two math teachers from the previous school year.

Mr. Zabel, a BHS alumnus Class of 2010 and NIU Class of 2018, said, “I am extremely excited to be teaching at BHS because I am a graduate from this school. Coming back to my hometown to teach has been a dream of mine for a long time.”

Ms. Palys, who has taught for 12 years, said, “I am so excited to be here at BHS and be a part of the great things going on here!”

Mr. Bryan Neal has come to the special education department. He is taking the spot of Mr. Brian Koehne, who has moved from being a special education teacher to our new driver’s education teacher. The previous Driver’s Education teacher was Mr. Bob McGuire, who moved on to Belvidere North.

In our bilingual education department, Ms. Emelita Riley is new to BHS this year as well.

Two weeks into the school year, BHS filled the final necessary faculty spots for the year. Mr. Lucas Fricke joined the English department and Mr. Mark Flynn is our new automotive technology teacher.