Lady bucs season comes to an end

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lady bucs season comes to an end

Dylan Schohn, Co-Editor

Girls’ Softball closed their season on May 20 with a 3-2 loss in regionals at Stillman Valley. 

Sophomore Paige Kitsemble went 2-3 and seniors Mallory Gibbons, Ashley Birkness, and Britney Wingren all had hits in the game.

“After the last game, the emotions were really high. The whole team was either crying or choked up,” said Kitsemble. “The seniors were really hard to say goodbye to. It’s gonna suck not having them around. Our team chemistry was amazing and something that I hope we can continue next year.”

The girls finished their season with an overall record of  8-16 and 7-11 in conference games. They placed 6th overall in conference.

“We didn’t have the best record this we started to come together near the end,” said Gibbons. “I’m very sad that the season is over but I had a great time here over the four years.”

“Although our season started out little rough I couldn’t have asked for a better season last half of the season as we finished on a five game win streak,” said Birkness, “Finishing with a five game win streak and beating one of the best teams in the conference was a ton of fun and best way to finish my career as a Buc.”

The girls took a big 6-5 win at home over Freeport High School on May 15, to continue their winning streak. Freshman McKenna Morris got the win on the mound, and she also went 3-4 with two doubles and 2 RBI’s. Sophomore Kyla White went 2-3 on the game.

The Girls also beat Jefferson High School on May 17, at home on Senior Night, with a final score of 12-4. Morris got the win on the mound. Kitsemble went 2-3 and Gibbons went 3-5 on the game.