Hausen leads boys track to state

Rachel Golonka, Staff Writer

BHS boys track senior Austin Hausen placed second  in the pole vault with a distance of 12-6 at IHSA Class 2A Boys Sectional at Woodstock North High School to qualify for state.

“I’ve been working so hard all season throughout the tough weather. I’m glad I had supporting coaches and teammates to help cheer me on. I’m just thankful that I’m able to go down again.” said Hausen.

Hausen will compete at the IHSA state meet May 24 at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.

In after events, junior Nick Fiore placed sixth in the 3200 meter run with a time of 10:49.96 to help the Bucs to a team total of 16 points, good for a 10th place overall. Woodstock North won the team event with 105, followed by Richmond Burton with 87 points.

“I’m trying to focus on my race to compete, and I can make new personal records,” said Fiore.

Also, sophomore Jonathan Fettes placed sixth in the 1110 meter hurdles with a tie of 17.28 seconds to score a point for the Bucs. Sophomore Tony Haras finished fourth in the pole vault behind Hausen with a jump of 10 feet. Junior Dillion Reidinger placed fifth in the discus with a throw of 116 feet, four inches.

Other Bucs finished in the top in events including freshman Chris Boose finished 14th in the 400 meter dash, Fettes placed ninth in the 300 meter hurdles and sophomore Houston Daringer finished eighth in the triple jump with a jump of 38 feet, two and a half inches. Reidinger also finished eighth in the discus with a throw of 112 feet, two inches.