Girls track ranking high

Brad garvey, Staff Writer

The girls track team faced tough teams at Kaneland on April 6.

Freshman Kaleigh Inniss finished seventh in the mile with a time of 5:58.5 and senior Emma Salley placed eighth in the triple jump with a PR of 30 feet, 10 inches for the Lady Bucs.

Inniss said, “I was accomplished placing seventh at this meet but then I realized that their will be more meets in the future and I will be ready next time.”

The track team earned three first place finishes on April 3. The individual place winners included sophomore Janell Richards placed third in the 400 meter dash. Inniss placed first in 800 meters. Inniss, senior Alliyah Lebonsorger, Salley, and senior Jena Mogenis placed first in the 4 x 400 relay. Salley placed first in long jump.

Salley said, “I am really happy about placing at our first few competitions and just seeing new people and competitors in our bracket.”

The girls competed at a NIC-10 meet against Boylan, Auburn and Freeport on March 20. Boylan ended up winning the meet with a score of 90 points, followed by BHS with a score of 65.5 points.

The top place winners for the Bucs include senior Paola Medina in third for Shot put followed by junior Caitlyn Swimelar in fifth. For Discus senior Makayla Medina in second, with senior Allison White in fourth. Sophomore Autumn Pryzbyla placed third in the 100 meter hurdles.

Medina said, “I think that I did really good I got third on most of the meets I want to get better with my form and I am really happy with all the support of the team.”

Inniss placed first in the 800 meter run, while Lebonsorger placed first in the 400 meter run. Mogenis placed first in the 200 meter dash.

The girls next meet will be Wednesday April 10 at Belvidere North High School.