Prom committee begins preparation

Grace Haug, Staff Writer

Belvidere High School’s Prom is set to take place on May 4 at the Community Building in Belvidere.

Just recently a survey was sent out to all juniors and seniors, as a way to get some feedback for what the students would like to see at this years Prom. The survey included questions about the theme, ticket price, and an option of having dinner or just snacks.

Junior Lexi Vermies said, “I think the survey was a great way to figure out what the students want for Prom, and it helps everyone have a say in it, instead of just the committee members.”

Members of the Prom committee are also working hard to make this years Prom memorable for everyone attending.

Junior Prom committee member Caitlyn Swimelar said, “It’s a lot of fun and a new experience to plan something so special for the seniors. With a few changes from Prom in years past, I think this years will be memorable for everyone.”

The Prom committee is also looking for juniors to come to meetings and help out.

Prom committee adviser Leigh Ann Walbaum said, “We are all looking forward to seeing what the junior and class students choose for their theme this year, and how we can use that theme to transform the Community Building for that evening.”

All juniors interested in joining the Prom committee can report to student services after school on Thursdays to participate in the meetings.

About the Writer
Grace Haug, Staff writer

Grace is a Junior at Belvidere High School. She is a varsity volleyball player, who also participates in B club. Grace also plays on a national elite...