Boys basketball look to finish strong

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys basketball look to finish strong

Dylan Schohn, Co-Editor

The boys basketball team beat Genoa Kingston Wednesday, Jan. 15th with a final score of 63-57 in an overtime thriller. They got the revenge with that win like last time the Bucs played the Cogs the Cogs pulled out an overtime win of there own with a 72-71 game.

The Bucs were lead to victory by Seniors Zach Tobler and Adrion Dalipi and junior Isaiah Rhodes. Tobler dropped 15 points while Dalipi had 10 and Rhodes had 9.

The Bucs also played Auburn Thursday,  Jan. 16th where they didn’t come out with a win.

When asked about what the biggest change was from this year to last year, Senior Steven King said “The coaches have been doing a great job preparing us for the world outside of basketball and are making us better men. It really makes us want to go out there and play hard for them day in and day out.”

“This season has been a building season and there has been a big learning curve for what we want to accomplish.  Our style of offense and defense is different from what the players have done in the past so we knew it would take some time.” said head coach Brian Koehne, “We would love to win now, but we are happy with the process and development of the players at all levels.  We will continue to build the fundamentals and principle of our program.  This spring and summer will be important times as we continue to build and implement our system.  Our guys have worked hard and assuming that we continue to do that, we will start to see the benefits as this season progresses and into next year.”

“It’s a good opportunity for me. Getting to play on varsity is a lot of fun because I get to be with my brother and his friends. I grew up playing with a few of them to so it’s really fun for me.” said sophomore Cole Tobler when asked what it’s like to be the only sophomore on varsity.

Boys basketball has had a rough start to their season so far going 2-19, but they have got a little momentum with the overtime win over Genoa Kingston. If you would like to watch the broadcast of Genoa game go to the Belvidere Journalism YouTube channel.

The boys next game is on Jan, 24th. The game is at Woodstock and it’s at 7:00. Come out and support.

About the Writer
Dylan Schohn, Editor

Dylan is a sophomore at BHS High School. He plays football, basketball, and baseball. He's been playing sports for all of his life. He hopes to be able...