Lady Bucs shine in McHenry Tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lady Bucs shine in McHenry Tournament

Ashley Birkeness, Staff Writer

The girl’s basketball team recently traveled to East, Boylan and competed at the Mchenry tournament and hosted Auburn.

The Lady Bucs traveled to East on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Junior, Maya Smith had 20 points and Senior Lexi Keating had 11 points. The Bucs dropped a tough loss 43-59.

The girls traveled to Boylan on Friday, Dec. 14. Smith had 13 points, seniors, Rylee Abraham and Quinn Yerk both finished with five points.

Senior Lexi Keating said, “ The season has started out pretty rough but I’m confident that we’re going to pull through and finish strong in the second half of the season.”

The team competed at the McHenry tournament on Saturday,  Dec. 15, they beat Woodstock North their first game 56-44. Junior, Maya Smith had 23 points. Senior Rylee Abraham had 14 points and 12 rebounds and Senior Lexi Keating had nine points and eight rebounds.

The team also played the host McHenry for game two on Saturday. They took a tough loss. Smith had 15 points. They continued the tournament on Monday, Dec. 17. The team dropped a loss to Marian Central. Smith had 13 points. Abraham had nine points and 10 rebounds. The team resumes play at the McHenry Tournament on Friday.

The Bucs fell to the Auburn knights on Tuesday, Dec. 18. Junior, Maya Smith had 19 points and seven rebounds. Abraham had 10 points and four rebounds.

Their next game will be Friday vs. DeKalb at Richmond Burton High school continuing the McHenry Tournament.

Senior Rylee Abraham, said “We may have lost, but when we play together as a team and do the little things we stand a chance against these teams. I think we are ready for the second half of the season to face them again.”

Friday, Dec. 7 the ladies hosted the Freeport Pretzels. They fell to the Pretzels, but it was their closest game this season. Junior, Maya Smith had 8 points and 10 rebounds, senior, Lexi Keating finished with 9 points and senior, Rylee Abraham had 8 points and 14 rebounds.