Wrestling season is here

Marisol Carnaza, Staff Writer

This year BHS and BNHS will join forces in a co-op team for this wrestling season. It is still unknown how many people will be joining this year but we do have some returning sectional qualifiers including Presley Beasley and Glenn Winchel. Along with them, we hope to see more experienced players now that they are co-op with North.

“Since we are a CO-OP team, the enrollments from both schools are added together which moves us up from 2A to 3A.  This means that we will now be competing against larger schools and our Sectional is arguably the most competitive in the State.  There are several wrestlers in our sectional and in 3A who are ranked very high in the state, and even nationally ranked.” coach Darin Wecker said.

Last years team did very good, but there always room for improvement, and hopefully joining North it will give them an advantage in snagging away the conference trophy. Last year’s season the Bucs placed fifth in a NIC-10 conference.

“This year we are looking to become conference champs as a team, also to get a few kids down to state.”, Beasley said.

Make sure to go support the boys at their first match of the season against Auburn on November 20th at 6:00 PM, at Belvidere North High School.