State Representative visits BHS

Jacob Fitch, Co Editor

State Representative Mr. Joe Sosnowski visited BHS during our Buc WIN on Oct. 29th.

Joe Sosnowski is a member of the Illinois House of Representatives, first sworn in to represent the 69th district in 2010. The district he represents includes the municipalities of Belvidere, Caledonia, Capron, Cherry Valley, Loves Park, Machesney Park, Roscoe, South Beloit, and Timberlane.

Mr. Sosnwoksi said, “We’ve also seen students leaving after they graduate, so if we look at national averages ours is about 25 percent while other states are in the low teens.”

He then asked how many students in the room are going out of state for college and around 50 percent raised there hand.

Senior Mallory Gibbons said, “It was an interesting experience to hear a State Representative speak about things he believed in.”

Mr. Stu Bahling said, “If you get a chance to talk with someone who represents politically you should meet no matter what party they are.”

Mr. Sowsnowski highly believes in the concealed carry law and does not believe the gun problem is the people who own the guns lawfully.

“The people are registered firearm owners done the concealed carry class and own one legally are not the problem, the problem is the gangs in downtown Chicago and even Rockford.” Said Sosnowski.

Mr. Sownoski would also like to remind all 18-year-olds to register to vote and please vote.