Renaissance Revamps Courtyard

Back to Article
Back to Article

Renaissance Revamps Courtyard

Belvidere High School Renaissance Club has new things coming soon.  

They are now finishing up their new courtyard addition to BHS. “Students in Renaissance have been discussing ways to improve the courtyard for a couple of years now. We were fortunate enough to get the support of our administration last year and funding through the District 100 Foundation for Excellence in Education Grant”, Jessica Full.

Students who have received a purple or gold Renaissance card will be able to go

out there during their 5A or 5C Lunches.

The Renaissance cards come with different perks if you keep it throughout the year.

The cards are used as punch cards with different things such as going to lunch early and pizza party for some students with cards.

“Renaissance cards will have the option to eat lunch in the courtyard as weather allows. As time passes, we plan to apply for additional funding for tables, benches, umbrellas, and more landscaping to make the courtyard a peaceful place that classes can also utilize throughout the school day.”, Mrs. Full.

On Thursday, Oct. 4, Renaissance will be having an assembly at the end of the day

with games, prizes and other different things.

Renaissance is still accepting The Tireless Award and The Lifesaver Award please

go see Mrs.Full for any questions.

Mrs. Kane and Ashley Sloan, senior, worked diligently last spring to plan the landscaping for this project. Without their help with the planning, the courtyard would not look as great as it did today.
We would also like to thank students from Key Club, Kare Club, the football team, the girls’ basketball team, and other classes who volunteered time to pull weeds and move mulch!