Key Club hosts an eighth grade dance

Lizbeth Garduno, Staff Intern

On Friday, May 11th, in the BHS Cafeteria, for the first time, Key Club will be hosting a Glow in the Dark Dance for the incoming freshman.

At the dance there is going to be a photobooth, a dance floor with a DJ, snacks, food, and drinks. There is also going to be a glow table to be able to purchase glow in the dark bracelets, necklaces, and glasses.

Key Club members sent out tickets, and put posters up at both Belvidere South Middle School and Washington Academy for the eighth graders to see. Key Club member, Freshman Aneya Gomez, has help plan and make posters for the eighth grade dance.

“I think it’s going great, we’re really excited to see how the dance is going to turn out,” said Gomez.

Key Club members have been having fun planning the dance, but also mention that it has been stressful with getting decorations for the dance. They also mention that they had some struggles with planning a dance within a month.

“I feel like it’s been stressful,but fun. I think there is going to be a great outcome of the dance,” said Freshman Alejandrina Sosa

Key Club Adviser, Danielle Turner, has mention that planning for the dance has been stressful, considering our club has never plan or done something this big before. All Key Club members have been passionate about this event, and have been putting in extra time every week to help plan.

Belvidere Central Middle School has been throwing a dance for their eighth graders for awhile now, so therefore Key Club members thought it would be nice to throw a dance for the eighth graders from both Belvidere South Middle School and Washington Academy. This is also going to be the first year that Key Club is planning a dance for the eighth graders.

With all the time and effort, all Key Club Members and Adviser Ms. Turner hope that the dance is successful and welcoming to the eighth graders. Key Club also hopes to continue this event for the following years.