Filed under Sports

Bucs win over Jefferson, lose to North

Senior+Anthony+Radaha+pitches+at+the+Harvard+game.+
Senior Anthony Radaha pitches at the Harvard game.

The Bucs varsity baseball team hosted Jefferson at home on Thursday, April 13, and took the ballgame 4-3.

Senior catcher Jacob Taft went 4-4 at the plate, including an RBI single. Senior Anthony Radaha went 2-4, also with an RBI single.

Senior Brady Hauser continued the Bucs excellent pitching rotation heading into the sixth inning, only giving up three runs. Coach John Fish put in senior Justin Brown to take the mound for Hauser. Brown closed the game for the Bucs, and got himself his first conference pitching win.

“It was a great team win, It felt great to close the game and get the win for my teammates,” said Brown.

The team traveled to the North side of town on Wednesday, April 11 to square off against rival Belvidere North.

The Bucs started off the game with a RBI single from Radaha to bring in Hauser for the Bucs only run of the game.

Taft caught a runner stealing in the third inning, which helped keep the Bucs up one going into the fourth.

“I have confidence in my arm. Every time I throw the ball, I know I will get him out,” said Taft.

Taft also threw out another runner in the sixth inning, which proved to be very clutch, going into the final inning.

The game was a pitcher’s duel. Belvidere was up 1-0 going into the bottom of the seventh inning. Radaha was on the mound for the Bucs, giving up back-to-back runs in the seventh inning. The Thunder took the ballgame 2-1.