ZIGS Literary Magazine submissions are due March 1st

Marisol Carranza, Staff Intern

ZIGS Literary Magazine will accept submissions for their fourth issue until March 1. Submissions can be turned into their art or English teachers no later than March first.

“Students contribute by bringing their art or writing to their art or English teachers,” said art teacher Jilian Reints.

Students can submit up to three pieces of any artwork in black and white, or they can submit three writing pieces with their choice of topic with a maximum of 3,000 words per submission.

According to the zigzaglitmag.org the real goal of ZIG ZAG is to give the confidence boost of walking into your own local library and being able to find your own writing amongst the Hemingways, Christies, and others. Because real writing isn’t just something that exists on Kindles or mass-market paperbacks, it’s happening all around us all the time.

“Students involved in ZIGS get to see what their peers are creating and are able to give personal input regarding what they think should be included in the magazine,” said Reints.

The magazine is about being able to showcase unknown talent across the country, and being able to express each individuality of students and their artwork. This can give many students a look at what the art world is like, and get a chance to get their name and artwork out for the world to see.

“It offers good opportunities,” said Junior Ashley Birkeness.

Give your submissions to Ms. Reints in room FA10 by March 1. No further submissions will be accepted after the deadline.

About the Writer
Marisol Carranza, Staff Intern

Marisol Carranza is a sophomore, and aspiring photographer. She is an active member of both KEY Club and Student Council. She is a very chill and funny...