Fine Arts Trip to Florida

Julia Scholle, Staff Intern

BHS’s Fine Arts department plans on going to Orlando, Florida, as an educational trip. The trip will start on March 24 and will end March 19. It is going to be a 22 hour drive until the students will reach their destination: The Florida Hospital.

“At the moment we have four theatre students going but all in all we will be a group of around 150 people”, says theatre teacher Greg Reilly.

Since this is the Fine Arts Trip, the choir and band will perform at the hospital. After that the students will depart to their next destination, Disney’s Hollywood Studios where they will spend the rest of their Sunday.

“It is a unique way to connect with people at your school”, says Sophomore Hailey Schloskey. That is why she decided to go on the school trip to Disney.

The next stop is going to be Epcot on Monday where the band and choir will participate in the Disney’s ‘You’re Instrumental’ Workshop and Disney Sings Workshop. Disney describes Epcot as a place to celebrate the fascinating cultures and numerous wonders of the world around you through dazzling shows, interactive experiences and amazing attractions. Marvel at the power of human imagination to set the spirits soaring.

On Tuesday everybody will visit the Magic Kingdom Park where storybook fantasy comes to life. In Magic Kingdom you can seek out adventures, create magical memories with beloved characters and discover the fun where imagination reigns. The Belvidere High School Choir will perform at a TBD stage and after that Belvidere HS Band marches in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Pre-Parade.

On Wednesday the students will enjoy the Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios where they will also savor a farewell group dinner at Hard Rock Café at Universal City Walk, After that, the trip ends and everybody will get ready for departure back home. On Thursday at 8 pm is the approximate arrival in Belvidere.