Dance season comes to an end

Jacob Taft, Writer

The dance team competed at sectionals on Jan. 20 and unfortunately, the team will not be advancing to state.

The top six schools advanced to state, and sadly the Bucs placed 16th out of 18 teams at Sycamore. They needed an 87 to advance, but they only received a score of 73.40.

This marks the end of competitive dancing for the seniors on the team including; Meagan Taylor, Keiana Rodriguez, Abby Costain, Tynia Thompson, Sophia Kline, and Kaitlyn Chin.

“I’m definitely going to miss the team. I’ve been with most of the girls for three years now. Currently I’m not planning on dancing after high school, but if a chance comes up, then I would love to,” said Taylor.

This wasn’t just the last competition for seniors. It was also Sheila Gonzales’ last competition as the coach.

“At the beginning of the season, we had a slow start learning routines, getting techniques, and meshing as a team. Since then, the team has come together to perform different types of dance routines, increase their score each time at competition, and most of all have fun. I am proud of these young ladies for what they have accomplished and who they have become. I will miss them dearly,” said Gonzales.

The Lady Bucs’ will still perform at a few more home basketball games including: Jan. 26, Feb. 9, Feb. 15, and Feb. 21.