The Student News Site of Belvidere High School

BHS Hosts Homecoming Week

With Homecoming being right around the corner, there is a lot of work to put into it, dress up days, locker bays, and more.

“It takes dedication from not only the board members, but all members of the council itself from each grade. We all work together in order to reach a goal and incorporate everyone’s ideas as much as possible. We do dress up days in order to celebrate the Homecoming dance, and encourage more energy and excitement from the school as a whole and to allow some fun to relieve stress from the school week. We came up with the days by gathering opinions from class members and voting for the best days,” said senior Abbey Shale.

This year’s Homecoming theme is ‘A Night in New York.’ Each class gets to create a float and decorate each bay for their class. Also, school wide there are dress up days. This years dress up days are:

Monday– America

Each student dresses up with their best outfit the red, white and blue.

Tuesday– Freshman-Juniors: Hawaiian Seniors: Toga Tuesday

For freshman-juniors, this means something tropical you don’t necessarily see daily. For seniors, togas can be unique to a person. They can be homemade or they can be bought.

Wednesday– Career Day

This is an opportunity for the students to show off what they want to be when they grow up.

Thursday– Generations Day

Fresh- Babies

Soph-Teens

Juniors- Adults

Seniors- Senior Citizen

Dress the part with your class to show off which generation you are.

Friday– Spirit Day

Wear everything purple and gold you can find and show off your school spirit.

The Homecoming Parade will take place Thursday, Sept. 28 at 6:30. The Homecoming football game will be Friday, Sept. 29 vs Hononegah at Funderburg stadium sophomores start at 5pm, varsity follows at 7:30pm. The dance will take place on Saturday, Sept. 30 from 8-11pm at the school.